Torrens University Australia is a private university. It is not funded by the Australian Government and charges tuition fees for all of its vocational, undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and research courses. Eligible students may choose to defer some, or all, of their tuition fees through FEE-HELP.
What is FEE-HELP?
FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students pay their tuition fees. FEE-HELP applies to undergraduate, postgraduate and research study. Students repay their FEE-HELP debt through the tax system when their income exceeds the minimum threshold for compulsory payments. In the 2016-2017 tax year, the income threshold is $54,869.
How much can I borrow?
For 2016, the FEE‑HELP limit is $99,389 for most students. Students undertaking specific medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses can incur a FEE‑HELP limit of $124,238. The limit is indexed annually. Once you have reached this limit, you will not be able to borrow any more, even if you have made repayments to the Australian Tax Office.
Torrens students are eligible to obtain a FEE-HELP loan if they are:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a holder of a permanent humanitarian visa and living in Australia for the duration of their course.
2016 Course Fee Schedule
The 2016 Domestic Course Fee Schedule and 2016 International Student Course Fee Schedule indicate the cost per trimester for your course. The University reserves the right to increase your fees by up to 10 per cent in each calendar year that you are enrolled. This allows the University to adjust fees, if necessary, to cover increases in the cost of delivering your course.
Fees for each trimester must be paid before the trimester commences.
If you withdraw from a course or subject you will be eligible for a refund or a re-credit of your FEE-HELP balance in accordance with out Student Refund Policy or for international students, the International Student Refund Policy.
If you’re a domestic student, your investment in your education is protected by Torrens’ membership of the TAFE Directors Australia Higher Education Assurance Scheme. If you are a domestic student, please refer to our Tuition Assurance Statement.
International students are covered by our membership to the Tuition Protection Scheme, an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that international students are able to either complete their studies in another course or with another education provider or receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees
In the event that Torrens University Australia defaults on a course in relation to an international student or intending international student by failing to provide the student’s course at the commencement date and agreed location, or ceases to provide the student’s course before completion, the University’s membership of the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) will ensure that the student receives a refund or is placed in an suitable alternative course.
Under the HESA Act, Universities are allowed, in specific circumstances, to charge students fees in addition to their tuition fees, for expenses that are incidental to their course of study. For instance, incidental fees can be charged for food, transport and accommodation costs associated with the provision of field trips that form part of the course of study.
In 2015, undergraduate students will be required to pay their own accommodation and living expenses during their overseas experience. If a student undertakes an trimester of study at a Laureate International University partner as part of their course, Torrens will make all the travel and accommodation arrangements and will cover the costs of airfares, travel and health insurance, and tuition fees at the overseas university.
- Associate Degree of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Associate Degree of Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Applied Public Health
- Bachelor of Branded Environments
- Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Communication and Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Business (Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Sports Management)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication Design
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Digital Media (3D Design & Animation)
- Bachelor of Digital Media (Film & Video Design)
- Bachelor of Digital Media (Interaction Design)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics)
- Bachelor of Human Services (Ageing)
- Bachelor of Human Services (Disability)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Commercial)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Residential)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Bachelor of Nutrition
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Diploma of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Diploma of Design
- Diploma of Digital Media Design
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Health and Wellbeing
- Diploma of Human Services
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- Diploma of Nutrition
- Diploma of Photo Imaging
- Diploma of Sport Development
- Doctor of Business Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Graduate Certificate in Collective Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in UX and Web Design
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate of Design
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Autism)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Innovation and Change)
- Graduate Certificate Of Education (Mental Health)
- Graduate Certificate Of Education (Special Education)
- Graduate Certificate of Global Project Management
- Graduate Certificate of Public Health
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Design
- Graduate Diploma of Global Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Public Health
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Sports Management)
- Master of Design
- Master of Education (Early Childhood)
- Master Of Education (Innovation And Change)
- Master of Education (Reading & Literacy)
- Master Of Education (Special Education)
- Master of Global Business Management
- Master of Global Project Management
- Master of Human Services Management
- Master of International Hotel Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Public Health
- VET FEE-HELP
- BSB51915 - Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915)