Pursue a career in the demand-driven industry of financial planning.
The Bachelor of Financial Services (Financial Planning) course has been designed to provide a broad understanding of financial services and specific understanding of financial planning in Australia and globally. Students will leave equipped with the skills and regulatory requirements to practice as a financial planner.
Graduates may find a range of career pathways and employment opportunities related to their areas of expertise and use their acquired skills to develop successful business practice. The course structure will prepare graduates for further academic and professional study. Specifically, students will qualify to undertake a Masters in Financial Planning.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Broad theoretical and technical knowledge of business, management and the economic environment
- A specialist knowledge of financial planning including the fundamentals of investment, client relationship and portfolio management
- Skills to research Australian and global business challenges, including ethical and unethical practices, to generate strategic solutions
- Effective communication skills to provide broad, high quality and holistic financial advice and plans
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills to perform effectively in a team within a business context