Pursue a career in the demand-driven industry of financial planning.
The Master of Financial Planning course has been designed to provide a specific and thorough understanding of financial planning in Australia, and globally. Students will graduate equipped with the skills and regulatory requirements to practice as an advanced financial planner.
The proposed Master of Financial Planning at Torrens is designed to equip students, and therefore postgraduates, with a broad theoretical and technical knowledge required to operate and manage effectively within the financial planning sector, specifically as a financial planner
Graduate employment opportunities:
Job titles may include personal financial advisor, investment advisor, fund manager, risk analyst, wealth management officer, insurance broker, retail banker, stockbroker, investment banker, superannuation specialist, financial analyst.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Coherent knowledge of investment strategies and financial services industry
- Business analysis, data management and diagnostic problem-solving skills in order to support decision-making
- Skills to research Australian and global business challenges, including ethical and unethical practices, to generate strategic solutions
- Effective communication skills to provide broad, high quality and holistic financial advice and plans
- Demonstrate leadership, expert judgement and collaborative skills to drive teams