Become the Master of learning differences in contemporary education
The Master of Education (Education Innovation) provides an opportunity for those who are interested in identifying methods of improving educational outcomes to develop advanced technical skills and knowledge that they can apply to extend their professional practice.
The Master of Education (Education Innovation) course offers an opportunity to explore a range of contemporary innovations and also maintains a clear focus on developing critical capacities to analyse and critique approaches identified by others as innovative. The potential to engage with teachers using a cohort model is a unique aspect of this course and has potential to generate transformational practice at the individual, department and whole-of-school level.
Graduates can progress to further postgraduate studies in related fields of education and/or PhD studies. This qualification is also well-suited for those currently in or aspiring to leadership roles within schools who wish to extend their knowledge and practice within the specific field of innovation and change management (for example, heads of department, lead teachers, assistant principals/principals).
Key Study Outcomes:
- High level cognitive skills to investigate, analyse, synthesise and extend knowledge to identify and provide innovative solutions
- Engage in ethical and accountable educational practice
- Demonstrate mastery research skills, design thinking processes and evaluation methodology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to justify and interpret complex educational problems
- Ability to critically analysis and interpret data to make and justify decisions for change and transformation