Gain practical experience and attend a two week industry placement at the Real Madrid Football Club in Spain with a Master of Business Administration (Sports Management).
The MBA in Sports Management features practical experience including case studies and group work responding to live briefs, a two week industry placement at the Real Madrid Football Club, Spain and guaranteed small class sizes.
First launched in 2006 and nominated for delivering one of the world’s top 10 Sports Management MBA programs, the Real Madrid Graduate School teaches across all aspects of sport management degrees including management, health, communications and leisure/recreation. With partner institutions across Europe and Latin America, the School’s approach to program creation and delivery reflects Laureate’s commitment to collaboration between education and industry to maximise graduate employability – a philosophy shared by Torrens University Australia.
MBA students spend two weeks at the Real Madrid Football Club in Spain to gain hands-on work experience at the world’s most valuable football club. In what is an Australian first, students will graduate with a joint degree from both Torrens University and Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea – recognised both locally and internationally. Outside of the time spent in Spain, the remainder of this Sports Management course will be either delivered on-campus in Sydney, online or as a hybrid course mixing on-campus and online course units.
World class mentors:
Teaching stafff include a mix of world leading industry experts alongside academics, such as:
- Professor Thomas Fricke – leading sports consultant who led operations for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany
- Professor Steve Gera – USA Sports Operations Expert working with the Cleveland Browns (National Football League) and Philadelphia 76ers (National Basketball Association)
- Professor Ramiro Lahera – Managing Director Tactika Sports Culture (sporting events company), Marketing Director for 2014 Basketball World Championship, Marketing and Sponsorship Director for the Madrid 2016 Olympic Games Bid
- Professor Edouard Legendre – Sport Sponsorship Director for Ogilvy, Strategic Planning Director for Geometry Global
Key Study Outcomes:
- Current theories across business disciplines
- Encourage team and individual ethical decision making
- Use business software to effectively analyse data
- Apply advanced business principles
- Understand business issues
- Evaluate business risk