How do you make your career move? By following a few simple steps and getting some work experience under your belt, you’ll find your career moving sooner than you can imagine.
Building a successful career...
"A good education sets the foundations for a successful career. I always felt that my career would have a 'ceiling' if it wasn't supported by a great education. The balance of theory plus real world experience is critical and they go hand in hand to build a career without limitations."
Build Your Brand
- Develop a simple resume/CV that describes you and your professional history
- Use mock interviews to practice your answers and overcome nerves
- Ask Torrens Industry Advisors for career counselling and coaching
- Practice your elevator pitch – can you get your ambitions across quickly?
Be Found, Be Connected
- Increase your digital footprint by engaging with social media
- Attend events and get involved in your career through:
- Employer presentations
- LinkedIn employer presentations
- Career expos
- Recruitment days
- Volunteer events
- Industry networks
Charge your Career
- Undertake work placements and internships
- Find employment in your field
- Work on live industry projects
- Find a real world challenge in your field
Clarify Yourself and Your Purpose
- What are my interests?
- What motivates me?
- What are my strengths?
- Explore options and career possibilities
Careers in Event Management
- Pulling off a successful event is an art form in itself, regardless of how many people are in attendance.
- Combine theory and practice in this industry recognised course and take your career anywhere in the world.
Bachelor of Business