LANZ CAA at Torrens University Australia Survey Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Careers Advisors Association NSW & ACT Inc (CAA) at Torrens University Australia Survey Competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The application process opens at 09:00 AEST on Tuesday, 8 October 2019 and closes at midnight AEST on Wednesday 30 October 2019 (“Application Period”).
- The application process is open to all Australian citizens or residents who will be attending the event (CAA at Torrens University) and are either over the age of 18 or under the age of 18 and accompanied by an adult when attending the event (“Applicant”).
- To enter, Applicants must during the Application Period comply with the following:
- Register online to attend the CAA at Torrens University Australia event on 31 October, 2019 in Sydney via the CAA website;
- Complete the pre-event survey sent out to attendees by CAA prior to the event; and
- Physically attend the event at the registered location.
- Employees of LANZ, CAA and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
- All entries become and remain the property of LANZ.
- Selection of the successful entry will be made on Thursday, 31 October 2019 at 12:10 AEST using a list of all attendees. Successful Applicants will be chosen at random.
- LANZ reserves the right to verify the validity of applications at any time during or after the Application Period, and reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant who tampers with the application process or who submits an application that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by LANZ to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- LANZ is neither responsible nor liable for late, lost or misdirected applications, or applications not received by LANZ for any reason whatsoever. Applicants should not send in original copies of their applications. No responsibility will be taken by LANZ in the event that the original application is lost or damaged in editing.
- The successful Applicant of this competition will be notified by the Torrens University Australia marketing team via live announcement on the day of the event being held on Thursday, 31 October 2019.
- There will be 7 winners for this competition and the successful Applicants will be offered one of the following prize packs:
- A Dermalogica gift pack;
- 4 x complimentary sessions (the winner (1) can choose from Nutrition, Naturopathy, Counselling, Western Herbal Medicine, Beauty (on an adhoc basis), Iridology and Bioelectrical Impedence Analysis) at The Wellbeing Clinic, at the Pyrmont Campus;
- 1 of 2 x $200 William Blue Dining Vouchers; OR
- 1 of 3 x Jessica Sepel cookbook packs (includes all 3 of her published cookbooks – The Healthy Life, Living the Healthy Life, The 12-Step Mind-Body-Food Reset).
- If for any reason this application process is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of LANZ which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this application process, LANZ reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the application process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the application process.
Obligations of recipient
- LANZ and its institutions are not liable for any matters (including injury and death) occurring at or in relation to the prize awarded.
- LANZ and its institutions are not liable for any matters (including injury and death) occurring in relation to the finalists not directly related to their activities for the application process.
- Laureate Education Services Australia Pty Ltd ACN 603 224 728 (“LANZ”) is arranging this application process and is working in conjunction with the following LANZ institutions: Torrens University Australia Ltd ACN 154 937 005, Think: Colleges Pty Ltd ACN 050 049 299 and Media Design School NZBN 9429 039 667 366.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, LANZ and each of the related entities (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the application process, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under LANZ’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any application or grant claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by LANZ) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of LANZ; (d) any variation in grant value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the finalists or an Applicant; (f) participation in the application process and/or (g) redemption of the grant by the finalists.
- The Applicants agree that LANZ retains all right, title and interest in their copyright materials, patent rights, trademarks, designs and other property whether arising by common law or by statute. The Applicants warrant that their written proposal and video will not infringe those rights or the rights of any third person.
- Application details remain the property of LANZ. The personal information of Applicants will be collected by LANZ for the purpose of conducting and promoting this application process (including for the purpose of identifying and notifying the finalists). Without limiting the foregoing, LANZ may disclose the personal information of Applicants to other parties assisting in the administration of the application process including to LANZ’s related entities, external service providers and authorities that regulate this application process. LANZ, its related entities and business partners (as applicable) may also use the Applicants’ personal information for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages with respect to programs, products and services available through any or all of them.
- These terms and conditions and the conduct of the application process are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia and all Applicants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State and all courts which may hear appeal therefrom.