As a recent Laureate Australia graduate, do you have an entrepreneurial idea that could benefit from up to $10,000 in funding? If so, read on…
We want to assist four of our alumni, who have a social good project that needs financial support to get off the ground, or, be taken to its next phase.
Your project or idea should be entrepreneurial in spirit and in some way benefit the public. It could offer sustainable, innovative or efficient solutions to challenges faced in various communities.
Past grant recipients have included Katherine Tillman, whose project Cultivating Transplant looked at ways to eliminate the use of plastics in gardening by using discarded coffee grounds. Genevieve Kenneally used her grant money to launch an eight-week course for young girls striving to be leaders in their community. Revenue from Victoria Yarka’s Humans of Papua New Guinea (HOPNG) project was donated to community school libraries to help promote a culture of reading in local villages.
Hurry, applications for #LaureateAUAlumniGrant 2016 close at 5:00PM (AEST) 14 October 2016!
- Attended and successfully completed a Diploma-level course or higher at one of the following in the last 24 months: Think: Colleges Pty Ltd, Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Pty Ltd and/or Torrens University Australia Limited.
- Currently residing in Australia
Your grant application could lead to much more than just financial support:
- Five grants available
- Up to $10,000 in grant funding
- Opportunity to travel to Sydney to pitch to our executive judging panel
- One-hour remote mentor session to help prepare for your pitch
- Finalists’ Dinner at William Blue Dining
- Exposure for your project on Laureate Australia marketing channels
If you are invited to Sydney to pitch and attend the Finalists’ Dinner, Laureate Australia will also cover the following travel expenses associated with the trip for you.
- Domestic flights from within Australia to Sydney
- Up to 3 nights’ accommodation on 23, 24 and 25 November 2016
- Up to $200 reimbursed for travel expenses
- Business Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Health Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Design Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Hospitality Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- 2016 Laureate Australia Alumni Entrepreneur ($8,000)
- Four finalists, one from each of our academic verticals (business, health, design and hospitality), will be selected by a vertical-specific committee to receive $2,000 each.
- The four finalists will then be invited to pitch their proposal to an executive judging panel in Sydney in November for the chance to be named the 2016 Laureate Australia Alumni Entrepreneur and to receive a further $8,000.
- The 2016 Laureate Australia Alumni Entrepreneur will be announced the following day at a special finalists’ dinner at William Blue Dining.
If finalists are unable to attend the pitch in person, they will be able to pitch via video conference.
How to apply
The following items need to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM (AEST) 14 October 2016.
- 1-2 page written proposal with:
- Full name, phone, email and residential address
- Name of college/university attended, name of course completed and date of completion
- Summary of your social good project, how it will make a positive impact and how the grant money may be spent.
- Academic and industry references
- Full name of referee, relationship, company, email and contact number
- Video (summary of proposal)
We’d like applicants to summarise their proposal in a short video. Feel free to get creative, but, if you’re not the next Spielberg, a simple selfie-style video shot on your mobile phone is perfectly okay.
- File type: MOV or MP4
- Up to 3 minutes in length
- Optional to send video via a file-sharing service (WeTransfer, Dropbox etc) but the video file name must include the full name of applicant.
14 October 2016: Closing dates for applications
21 October: Four finalists contacted
27 October: Finalists announced on social media
24 November: Finalists pitch to executive judging panel
25 November: William Blue Dining Finalist Dinner and 2016 Laureate Australia Alumni Entrepreneur announced.
Terms and Conditions
Got questions? Send an email to the team at email@example.com.
For the latest news about the #LaureateAUAlumniGrant, follow us on social!
Find a course