We want to assist five of our alumni who have a social good project that needs financial support to get off the ground, or, be taken to its next phase.
If you have completed a course with one of the below institutions, post January 2015 or are due to complete your course in 2017, have an entrepreneurial idea that could benefit from up to $10,000 in funding, you can now apply for the 2017 Laureate Australia and New Zealand Alumni Grant.
Your project or idea should be entrepreneurial in spirit and in some way benefit the public. It could offer sustainable, innovative or efficient solutions to challenges faced in various communities.
The Laureate Australia and New Zealand Alumni Grant has already helped 19 graduates realise their entrepreneurial dreams! From improving indigenous community health, through to an animation that raises awareness of the plight of refugees, read about last year’s finalists here.
Written applications for the 2017 #LaureateANZAlumniGrant close at 5PM (AEST) 4 August 2017!
- Business Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Health Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Design Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Hospitality Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- Education Alumni Grant ($2,000)
- 2017 Laureate Australia and New Zealand Alumni Entrepreneur ($8,000)
Your grant application could lead to much more than just financial support.
- Six grants available
- Up to $10,000 in grant funding
- Opportunity to travel to Sydney to pitch to our executive judging panel
- One hour remote-mentor session to help prepare for your pitch
- Finalists’ cocktail celebration
- Exposure for your project on Laureate Australia and New Zealand marketing channels
- Excellent preparation for the Global James McGuire Business Plan Competition signature entrepreneurship competition where you can get the opportunity to pitch your idea in Baltimore, USA alongside students and alumni from all over the world.
If you are invited to Sydney to pitch and attend the Finalist Dinner, Laureate Australia and New Zealand will also cover the following travel expenses associated with the trip for you.
- Domestic flights from within Australia to Sydney
- Up to 2 nights’ accommodation
- Up to $200 reimbursed for travel expenses
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Individuals and groups of individuals who post January 2015 have successfully completed or are due to complete in 2017 a Diploma-level course or higher at one of the following institutions: Think: Colleges Pty Ltd, Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Pty Ltd, Torrens University Australia Limited and/or Media Design School
- International graduates are welcome to apply!
Not an alumnus yet?
The Global James McGuire Business Plan Competition is open to all members of the Laureate network, both undergraduate and graduate, and intended to support current students who are pursuing entrepreneurial ventures. Click here to find out if you qualify.
Round 1. Written applications are considered by our selection committees. Successful written submissions are invited to produce a short application video to further demonstrate their proposal.
Round 2. A finalist is selected from each of our five academic verticals: business, education, health, design and hospitality to receive $2,000 each.
Round 3. The five finalists are invited to pitch their proposal to an executive judging panel in Sydney for the chance to be named the 2017 Laureate Australia and New Zealand Alumni Entrepreneur and receive a further $8,000 (if finalists are unable to attend the pitch in person, they are able to pitch via video conference).
The 2017 Laureate Australia and New Zealand Alumni Entrepreneur is announced the following day at the finalists’ cocktail celebration.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit a 1-2 page written application
- Full name, phone number, email and residential address
- Name of college/university attended, name of course completed and date of completion
- A summary of your social good project, how it will make a positive impact and how you intend to spend the grant money
- An academic or industry reference including the referee’s full name, relationship to you, company, email and phone number.
2. Send your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM (AEST) 4 August 2017
19 June: Alumni Grant Launch
4 Aug: Closing date for written applications
11 Aug: Invitation to submit video
8 Sept: Closing date for 2nd Round video applications
15 Sept: 5 x vertical grant finalists announced
10 Oct: 5 x vertical grant finalists pitch to executive judges
11 Oct: 2017 Alumni Entrepreneur announced at finalists’ cocktail celebration
Got questions? Send an email to the team at email@example.com.
For the latest news about the #LaureateANZAlumniGrant, follow us on social. Good luck!
Find a course