2016 Postgraduate Scholarships
Are you passionate about having a successful career in business, health, design or sports management? Each year we seek for Australia's most talented students to be awarded a postgraduate scholarship to help them reach their career goals. Scholarship students will go on to become the future ambassadors of the University, acting as leaders in and outside of the classroom. Two driven, enthusiastic and community minded individuals will be awarded a full tuition scholarship to undertake postgraduate studies for Trimester 3 (19 September) intake.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students commencing studies in Trimester 3, September 2016
- Open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and full-time on-campus international students wanting to study in Australia.
2017 Alumni Scholarships
Graduates are eligible to receive up to 50% as a fee-waiver scholarship for their next qualification including Diplomas, Degrees, Masters, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates. These qualifications span across a range of courses including design, business, health, sport, and hospitality. The Alumni scholarship offers our graduates the opportunity to undertake further study at a higher level or within a different discipline area. The Alumni Scholarship is a new initiative put in place to help our alumni gain further qualifications and allow them to expand their choices and career opportunities, making it easier for them to pathway from a diploma or degree, to a Masters. The Alumni Scholarship is available to graduates across all our participating institutions in Australia including:
- Torrens University Australia
- Billy Blue College of Design
- CATC Design School
- APM College of Business and Communication
- William Blue College of Business and Hospitality
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
- Australian National College of Beauty (ANCB)
- Australasian College of Natural Therapies (ACNT)
- Southern School of Natural Therapies
- Jansen Newman Institute
- Applicants must have completed all of the requirements of an accredited qualification at a Laureate International Universities university or college.
- Applicants must have applied for entry to an accredited coursework program at a Laureate Australia provider.
2017 Domestic School Leaver Scholarships
Three driven, motivated and passionate school-leavers will be awarded full tuition scholarships for studies commencing February 2017. Torrens University Australia provides a range of merit-based scholarships to facilitate broad access to its courses. There are two types of scholarships offered by the University. Fee-waiver scholarships provide a reduction in the standard fee for a course. From time to time, the University also provides support that involves a payment to a student. Examples include stipends for higher degree research students and grants to support student research.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students commencing studies in Trimester 1, February 2017
- Only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Torrens University Australia recognises students from regional and remote areas and talented students, for merit-based scholarships.
The Vice-Chancellor ScholarshipThree scholarships each year are awarded to students who through their application have demonstrated tremendous academic excellence. The scholarship award depends on the assessment by the Vice-Chancellor and Scholarship Committee.
Regional/Remote Access and Indigenous Access ScholarshipThree scholarships each year are awarded to indigenous students and/or students in remote areas of Australia. The scholarship award depends on the assessment by the Vice-Chancellor and Scholarship Committee.
Latin American ScholarshipsIn recognition of the strong relationship Laureate International Universities has with the education sector throughout Latin America and our significant presence in the region, Torrens University Australia offers a range of scholarship options for students from across Mexico, Central and South America.
Centrelink and Your Fee-Waiver ScholarshipGenerally, scholarships that waive a tuition fee or a course charge, either partly or in full, are not income for social security purposes. Please refer to the online guide to Social Security for further information. If you require any further information about your scholarship and how it may affect your Centrelink payments, please contact Centrelink. Please contact us for further information regarding scholarships.
Application CriteriaAre you passionate about having a successful career in business, health, education, design or sports management? Each year we seek Australia’s most talented students to be awarded scholarships to help them reach their career goals.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students
- Open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Scholarships are offered to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying full-time