2016 Postgraduate Scholarships
Are you passionate about having a successful career in business, health, design or sports management? Each year we seek for Australia's most talented students to be awarded a postgraduate scholarship to help them reach their career goals. Scholarship students will go on to become the future ambassadors of the University, acting as leaders in and outside of the classroom. Two driven, enthusiastic and community minded individuals will be awarded a full tuition scholarship to undertake postgraduate studies for Trimester 3 (19 September) intake.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students commencing studies in Trimester 3, September 2016
- Open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and full-time on-campus international students wanting to study in Australia.
2017 DOMESTIC SCHOOL LEAVER BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIPS
We're looking for the most passionate, switched-on and outgoing school leavers to join the Business Scholarship Squad for Torrens University Business School in 2017. Business Scholarship Squad members will be required to be ambassadors for Torrens University Australia and participate in campaigns, events and perform squad duties including social and digital media content creation, blog posts and be an active member in the student community. We have FOUR Business Scholarship Squad positions on offer in 2017, and if selected you will receive a scholarship that covers 100% of your Bachelor degree tuition fee.
2017 Business Scholarship Squad Roles
- Head of Entrepreneurship Ambassador
Are you a budding entrepreneur? Maybe you’ve already started your own business or you have a big idea that could change the world? If you’re inspired by Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson or Lisa Messenger, then this scholarship was made for you! We’re looking for someone who thinks big, thinks smart and has the passion to turn their vision into reality to be our Head of Entrepreneurship in our Business Scholarship Squad.
- Head of Social Media Ambassador
Think you could give Kim Kardashian a run for her money when it comes to social media? Already designed your own range of EMOJI? Is SnapChat your main communication channel? Or maybe you already have a blog or YouTube channel? If you think you have what it takes to be the next Chloe Morello, Beige Cardigan, Bondi Hipsters or Tash Oakley, then this scholarship is #EVERYTHING! We want someone who knows their way around social media to be the Head of Social Media in our Business Scholarship Squad!
- Head of Sports Ambassador
Do you live, breath and sleep sport? Do you love the buzz and energy from watching your team play live? If you’re passionate about sport and think you might want a career on the business side (where you can score box seats), think the likes of NRL boss Dave Smith, ARU boss William Pulver or Football Federation Australia David Gallup, then this is the scholarship where you can kick goals! We’re looking for the best and fairest to step up to the MVP role as Head of Sports in our Business Scholarship Squad!
- Head of Events Ambassador
Are you the one that is always organising social events? You’ve probably taken charge of organising the school formal or perfectly styled the ultimate 18th birthday? Or are music festivals more up your alley? If your idea of a dream job is working on big events like Coachella, Vivid Festival or even a Royal Wedding, then this is the scholarship you’ve been planning for! We need a Head of Events in our Business Scholarship Squad
- Academic Ability: Ability to demonstrate through previous relevant studies, experience and/or results, your academic knowledge, ability and commitment to study at a Bachelor degree level and letter of recommendation from a teacher, career advisor or employer.
- Here for Good: Ability to express and/or demonstrate experience with a social cause, charity or community issue you are passionate about.
- Industry Passion: Ability to express and/or demonstrate your passion and any experience for the industry related to the scholarship you have applied for.
- Business Scholarship Squad Values: Ability to express and/or demonstrate your commitment to perform the role of a Business Scholarship Squad member, through examples of teamwork, taking initiative and positive attitude.
2017 Domestic School Leaver Scholarships
Three driven, motivated and passionate school-leavers will be awarded full tuition scholarships for studies commencing February 2017. Torrens University Australia provides a range of merit-based scholarships to facilitate broad access to its courses. There are two types of scholarships offered by the University. Fee-waiver scholarships provide a reduction in the standard fee for a course. From time to time, the University also provides support that involves a payment to a student. Examples include stipends for higher degree research students and grants to support student research.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students commencing studies in Trimester 1, February 2017
- Only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Torrens University Australia recognises students from regional and remote areas and talented students, for merit-based scholarships.
The Vice-Chancellor ScholarshipThree scholarships each year are awarded to students who through their application have demonstrated tremendous academic excellence. The scholarship award depends on the assessment by the Vice-Chancellor and Scholarship Committee.
Regional/Remote Access and Indigenous Access ScholarshipThree scholarships each year are awarded to indigenous students and/or students in remote areas of Australia. The scholarship award depends on the assessment by the Vice-Chancellor and Scholarship Committee.
Latin American ScholarshipsIn recognition of the strong relationship Laureate International Universities has with the education sector throughout Latin America and our significant presence in the region, Torrens University Australia offers a range of scholarship options for students from across Mexico, Central and South America.
Centrelink and Your Fee-Waiver ScholarshipGenerally, scholarships that waive a tuition fee or a course charge, either partly or in full, are not income for social security purposes. Please refer to the online guide to Social Security for further information. If you require any further information about your scholarship and how it may affect your Centrelink payments, please contact Centrelink. Please contact us for further information regarding scholarships.
Application CriteriaAre you passionate about having a successful career in business, health, education, design or sports management? Each year we seek Australia’s most talented students to be awarded scholarships to help them reach their career goals.
- Recipients must be new Torrens students
- Open to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Scholarships are offered to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying full-time