Improve your English level and academic skills while learning language used in the business industry.
At Torrens University Australia, we are committed to helping you through your study journey. We prepare international students with the skills and knowledge to be employment-ready, communicate and collaborate with diverse cultures and graduate with a perspective to gain global learning experiences.
This Business Direct Entry Program will enable you to build your academic and English skills to succeed in the business courses offered by Torrens. Learn to refine your research and referencing skills, become more efficient in planning your study time and upgrade your skills in writing assignments. You will also learn how to be an effective member of a team, think critically and get the best assessment results.
This course covers:
- vocabulary, grammar structures and functions of language that are relevant to the areas of discipline
- developing the students academic skills and refine their referencing and research abilities.
- helping students organise their study time efficiently
- skills in writing assignments
- how to adopt an independent approach to learning
- learning how to work effectively in groups and developing critical thinking skills
- familiarising students with the latest trends in their own discipline based industry, at an introductory level
An added advantage of this course is access to Learning and Academic Skills Unit (LASU) support for your entire study duration. Your LASU tutor will assist you to continue to improve your skills during your study, both in specialist academic skills classes and in bookable tutorials. This service aims to significantly improve your assessment grades.
You will also have the opportunity to pathway into business courses or hospitality courses, such as the Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) course delivered by our partner college, William Blue College of Hospitality Management. This course is perfect for those wanting to gain experience relevant to the food and beverage sector as well as hotel and resort management.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Build your academic and English skills
- Research and referencing skills
- Managing your study time
- Improved writing skills
- Effective team member