Be part of one of the biggest industries in the World. If you love games and want to create breathtaking environments and characters for one of the biggest industries in the world, then Game Art is for you.
The Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art) will develop your artistic style and technical skills through a combination of traditional art practices and the use of industry standard software. You will create beautiful environments and characters and use these assets to develop immersive experiences in an industry that is bigger than the music and movie sectors put together!
Throughout the course you will work alongside lecturers who will offer you practical industry insights and collaborate with other game artists and programmers to develop an industry-level game.
In addition to practical skills, knowledge and design capability, the Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art) also has a holistic approach to developing your individual attributes and abilities in ‘soft skills’ such as communication, commercial acumen, and understanding of business realities. The development of ‘soft skills’ underpins all learning and responds to a growing understanding by both employers and students that these skills enhance a graduate’s employability.
This course was designed collaboratively with subject matter experts from Media Design School (Auckland, New Zealand), one of the top 3 digital design schools in the world.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Create your own games
- Collaborate on projects with fellow students including problem based solutions for gaming
- Group Capstone project where you’ll develop a game in a similar environment to a studio
- Have an understanding of the history of video games as creative technologies and as cultural artefacts
- Develop enhanced skills in 2D, 3D, animation, environment art, character art, user experience in games
- Develop electronic games across multi-platforms including online, mobile and console