Think Education Quality Assurance Framework
The Quality Assurance Framework has three components:
- Integrated Planning, which sets the focus for “what we do” as an educational provider of excellence,
- Integrated Review, which sets the balances and measures to verify “how we know” the institution is an educational provider of excellence,
- Risk Management, ensuring the institution remains flexible to risks and their potential impact.
- A continuous improvement approach embedded at all levels of the business
- Evidence-based and inclusive decision-making processes
- Monitoring outcomes against its stated goals, performance indicators and targets
- Using internal and external review mechanisms to identify improvement opportunities and implement action plans and mitigation strategies
- Developing a culture of ownership, participation and responsiveness where all staff understand their individual and collective responsibility for quality processes and outcomes.
The Governing Board actively oversees quality assurance through responsiveness to periodic reports on the quality of academic programs, as well as regular review of academic quality risks.
The Academic Board is responsible for quality assurance of all academic activities across the institution, including active oversight of policies and procedures relating to quality assurance, academic quality benchmarking projects and actions arising, effectiveness of academic integrity processes, and academic standards in teaching and scholarship in accordance with the Learning and Teaching Plan.
The Executive Learning and Teaching Committee oversees learning and teaching across the institution and provides the Academic Board with strategic analysis and advice on a regular basis on learning and teaching, and course performance to enable measurement of outcomes and trends.
At a Vertical level, the Vertical Learning and Teaching Committees provide advice to the Executive Learning and Teaching Committee, the Academic Board and Think Education’s Executive in undertaking the following tasks:
- Monitor the implementation of the Vertical learning and teaching plans
- Provide leadership in reviewing, revising and developing courses, including:
- Providing the Academic Board with advice and recommendations on the accreditation of new higher education courses and major revisions to existing higher education courses
- Review and approve minor changes to subjects and courses on scope on behalf of the Academic Board.
- Endorsement of vocational courses for submission to ASQA for addition to scope
- Review annual course review cycles to ensure equivalency of learning outcomes, assessments and student workloads across all modes of delivery
- Review the curriculum mapping process documentation to ensure appropriateness of alignment and coherence of course design throughout the proposed course
- Provide leadership in assessing, monitoring and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- Monitor retention rates and oversee retention improvement initiatives
- Provide a framework for the professional development of learning facilitators (lecturers) and academic managers
- Encourage teaching excellence through collaboration and sharing of innovation and good practice
- Review and monitor Examination Committee and Academic Progression reports
- Support and guide the development of library and learning services and resources
- Ensure academic policies, procedures and guidelines support learning and teaching
- Provide an environment for discussion on current teaching and learning issues and support Campus and College based improvements.
Data Protection and Privacy
Hani Skaf is Think Education’s Data Protection and Privacy Officer (DPO). As DPO, Hani is responsible for encouraging, training and advising on compliance with privacy laws, liaising with the respective Privacy Commissioners or supervisory authorities (as required) and monitoring data protection impact assessments where requested. Please direct any queries to him at Hani Skaf.
Registered Name: THINK: Colleges Pty Ltd
Registration Number: PRV 12058
ABN 93 050 049 299
CRICOS Provider: 00246M