High school student university entry
How to apply as a High school student
Applying to study at Torrens University is simple. Just follow the steps below and contact our Future Student Advisors if you have any questions.
1 Find a course
2 Check eligibility
3 Prepare & submit application
4 Optional steps
Find a course
Take some time to explore the courses available in your area of interest and get in touch with our Future Student Advisors if you need help deciding on the course that’s right for you.
We believe individual strengths are a better indicator of future success than exam scores, which is why we don’t consider ATAR our primary entry requirement.
At Torrens University, we offer the following entry pathways:
- Year 12 certificate: If you have a recent secondary school education and an Australian Year 12 certificate (or equivalent), you will be considered for admission into most of our diplomas and bachelor’s degrees.
Some courses may require a minimum ATAR score and subject prerequisite. Please check the course pages for specific eligibility criteria.
- Experience, portfolio, interviews: At Torrens University, experience and talent count. That’s why we consider creative portfolios for entry into our Design and Creative Technology degrees and may conduct student interviews for entry into other courses.
Prepare and submit application
It’s important that you understand the pathways and application processes available to you.
The Early Entry program can help you secure your spot with Torrens University Australia before your Year 12 exams. The availability of Early Entry depends on your preferred study location.
To be eligible for Early Entry, you must apply before 31 October 2023. If you have questions, you can talk to one of our Future Student Advisors.Learn more about Early Entry
Tertiary Admissions Centres
As we are a national university with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide you can also apply through the corresponding Tertiary Admissions Centre.
See key dates and more information here:
- New South Wales: Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
- Victoria: Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Queensland: Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
- South Australia: South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC)
Depending on your preferred course and study location you may need to apply through a Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC). If you cannot find your preferred course on the TAC, you can apply directly with us by submitting the online application form on our website.Learn more about applying through a TAC
Please make sure you have provided all information and required documents before submitting your application.
12 tips for Year 12 students preparing for examsFrom managing time and stress to building healthy habits and routines to developing memory and learning techniques, studying smarter not harder is one of the best Year 12 tips we can give you.10 reasons why you should go to Open DayDon't miss out on the perfect opportunity to ask questions, understand course requirements and get a real feel for the learning environment at our Open Day.How to prepare for university: University essentials and tipsYou’ve just come out of a long period of exams, graduated from school, and enrolled in your university course. Congratulations- exciting times are ahead.