Policies, procedures and forms
The Policy Library at Torrens University Australia contains helpful documents you can access and download. This material relates to the university’s policies and procedures, which are regularly reviewed and updated as part of our Continuous Improvement Strategy. As well as input from all departments at Torrens University Australia, we value feedback from our students.
For enquiries about the Policy Library or to provide us with your feedback about these documents, please email the Policy Team. Your comments will be considered at the next review.
For enquiries about how these policies apply to your own personal circumstances or to lodge a form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise directed by the relevant document.
Documents translated to MandarinPolicies, procedures and forms that are relevant to our Suzhou campus in China have been translated to Mandarin. Students can access and download these documents below.
Policies, procedures and forms
Academic freedomPrinciples governing the exercise of academic freedom at the university.
Academic Freedom - Statement of Principles
Academic progressionPolicy outlining the university's academic progression criteria and monitoring process.
Academic Progression Policy
AccessibilityPrinciples and requirements to enable the full and equitable participation of students with accessibility needs.
- Accessibility Needs Resource Pack for Students
- Procedure for Requesting Reasonable Adjustments
- Learning Access Application Form
AdmissionsPrinciples and requirements (eg. admission criteria and pathways, English language proficiency requirements) relating to the entry of students into a course offered by the university.
- Entry Requirements for Admission to Coursework Programs (TUA)
- International Student under 18 Procedure
- Support of ELICOS Student Learning
- Application for Admission via Work and Experience
Assessment and creditPrinciples, procedures and requirements for evaluating a student’s achievement of the identified learning outcomes. Plus, requests for assessment modification, review of results and recognition of learning for previous formal, informal and non-formal learning. Assessment Policy for Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework (HE) and ELICOS
- Assessment Procedure for Higher Education Coursework
- ELICOS Assessment Procedure
- Examination Procedure
- Requesting re-mark of VET assessments
- Application for Assessment Special Consideration
- Assignment Coversheet (Group)
- Assignment Coversheet (Individual)
- Applying for Course Credit Procedure
- Higher Education Recognition of Prior Learning Procedure
- Credit Transfer Form (Postgraduate)
- Credit Transfer Form (Undergraduate)
- Recognition of Prior Learning Form
ComplaintsPrinciples, procedures and requirements for students lodging a complaint or requesting a review of academic and non-academic decisions.
Student Complaints Policy
- Resolving a Complaint Informally Procedure
- Formal Complaints or Review of Decisions Procedure
- Internal Review (Appeal) Procedure
- External Review (Appeal) Procedure
- Informal Complaints Sheet
- Formal Complaint Form
- Internal Review (Appeals) Form
Conduct, misconduct and expectations of members of the universityPolicies, procedures and expectations with respect to academic (ie. academic integrity) and non-academic conduct including policy and expectations when accessing the university’s premises.
Academic Integrity Policy Children on Torrens Global Education Premises Diversity and Inclusion Policy Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Prevention Policy Student Conduct Policy
Copyright and intellectual property rights
Principles and requirements outlining the university’s approach to ownership and commercialisation of intellectual property created by the university or with the university’s resources, as well as the university’s copyright obligations.Intellectual Property Policy
Principles and requirements for cancelling courses, teach-out and transition.
Policy and procedure for responding to a crisis.
Critical Incident Management Policy
Principles, procedures and requirements when enrolling in subjects and courses including deferring an offer to a course, taking leave of absence, transferring to another course, or withdrawing from a course or subject.
- Cancelling a domestic student’s enrolment in a FEE-HELP/VSL-enabled course
- Cancelling an international student’s enrolment
- Course Transfer
- Deferring Commencement of a Course
- International Student Study Load Reduction
- International Student Transfer
- Leave of Absence
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the Department of Home Affairs Form 1545 (student visa extension)
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the DHA Form 1545 (temporary graduate visa applicant - subclass 485)
- Withdrawing from a Subject
- Withdrawing from a Course
- Application for Course Transfer
- Application for Course Withdrawal
- Application for Leave of Absence
- Application for Study Overload
- Application for Subject Withdrawal
- Application for Timetable Change
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form (for students on a student visa)
- International Student Application Form
- Reduced Study Load Application Form
Policies, procedures and requirements about domestic and international students’ fees including charges and refund.
International Student Fees Policy
- Refunds due to Course Cancellation (Provider Default)
- Refunds for Domestic Students in HELP/VET Student Loan Enabled Courses
- Refunds for Domestic Students in non-HELP/VET Student Loan Enabled Courses
- Refunding Other Fees
- Refunds for International Students
- Request for Review of FEE-HELP/VET Student Loan Determination
- Application for Refund (for current students)
- Application for Refund (for former students)
- Application for Refund Due to Extenuating Circumstances (for International Student Only)
- Application for Refund Due to Special Circumstances (Domestic Students Only)
Graduation and certification
Policy relating to graduation and issuance of certifications.
Graduation and Certification Policy
Policy outlining the specific expectations for using all computing and network resources at Torrens Global Education and its Providers.
Mandatory Reporting for AHPRA-Accredited Courses
Policy and procedure outlining the process for reporting students undertaking AHPRA-Accredited Courses in line with the requirements of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (2009).
Mandatory Reporting Policy for AHPRA-Accredited Courses
Privacy and student records
Policies outlining the University’s responsibilities in relation to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with any area of the University as well as provisions informing the retention of student records.
Student Records Retention Policy
This policy outlines the rights and obligations of students, host organisations and the University under a work integrated learning agreement.
Guidelines for WSET approved courses.
Research studentsPolicies and procedures relating to research and higher degree research students.
Higher Degree by Research Policy
- Application for Conversion of Master of Philosophy to Doctor of Philosophy
- Expression of interest to undertake a Master of Philosophy
- Expression of Interest to undertake a Professional Doctorate
- Higher Degree by Research Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Student Progress Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Thesis Guidelines
- Higher Degree by Research Thesis Submission and Examination Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Changes to Conditions of Candidature Application Form
- Higher Degree by Research Proposal
- Nomination of Examiners
- Thesis Submission and Supervisor Declaration Form
- Trimester Progress Report
Responsible Research Conduct Policy
- Human Research Ethics Procedure
- Managing and Investigating Breaches of Responsible Research Conduct
- Non-Traditional Research Output Guidelines
- Participant Information Consent Form
Research Data Management Policy
Documents translated to MandarinThe following policies, procedures and forms have been translated to Mandarin and are relevant to students who are studying at our Suzhou campus in China.
学术诚信政策 | Academic Integrity Policy
学术进度政策 | Academic Progression Policy
高等教育课程学分申请 | Applying for Course Credit
高等教育课程与海外学生英语语言强化课 程（ELICOS）评估政策 | Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework and ELICOS
课程取消政策 | Course Cancellation Policy
毕业与证书颁发政策 | Graduation and Certification Policy
国际学生收费政策 | International Student Fees Policy
防止性骚扰与性侵犯政策 | Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Prevention Policy
学生投诉政策 | Student Complaints Policy
学生行为政策 | Student Conduct Policy
请假申请表 | Application for Leave of Absence Form
缺席毕业申请书 | Application to Graduate in Absentia Form
评估特殊考虑申请表 | Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form
退修申请表 | Application for Withdrawal Form
学分转移申请表 — (本科课程) | Credit transfer request form (UG)
学分转移申请表 — (硕士课程) | Credit transfer request form (PG)
复审（申诉）表 | Review (Appeal) Form
延期开课 | Deferring commencement of a course
外部复审（申诉）程序 | External Review (Appeal) Procedure
内部复审（申诉）程序 | Internal Review (Appeal) Procedure
国际学生转学 | International Student Transfer
揭发性骚扰与性侵犯的程序 | Procedure for Disclosing Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment
国际学生退款 | Refunds for International students
重新评分或重新评估请求 | Requesting a Re-mark or Reassessment
要求出具官方文件 | Requesting official documents
非正式解决投诉 | Resolving a Complaint Informally
退修课程 | Withdrawing from a course