What is FEE-HELP?
FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible fee-paying students to pay their tuition fees. Eligible students can borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay their tuition fees. For 2018, the FEE-HELP limit is $102,392 for most students. For 2019 the FEE-HELP limit is $104,440 for most students.
A loan fee of 25% applies to FEE-HELP loans until the end of 2018 for domestic undergraduate courses of study only. Indexation and the loan fee do not count towards your FEE-HELP limit.
Students repay the loan to the Australian Government through the tax system once a student reaches the minimum income threshold level for repayment, which for 2018-19 is $51,957.
Important note: From 1 January 2019, domestic students studying an undergraduate course will no longer be charged the 25% FEE-HELP loan fee. This only applies to units of study with a census date on or after 1 January 2019.
For further information, please refer to:
- the Australian Government website Study Assist.
- The Minister for Education and Training Media Release, 14 August 2018
Who does the FEE-HELP change apply to?
From 1 January 2019 undergraduate students studying at Torrens University who are eligible for FEE-HELP will no longer incur the 25% loan fee previously imposed by the Australian Government. There are no changes for postgraduate students as the FEE-HELP loan fee was never applied for postgraduate studies.
Will this change the balance of my FEE-HELP debt prior to 1 January 2019?
No. There will be no change to your existing FEE-HELP debt. The 25% FEE-HELP loan fee imposed by the Australian Government prior to this time will remain.
Am I eligible for FEE-HELP?
You are eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for a unit of study if you:
- are undertaking study with an approved provider or through Open Universities Australia (OUA);
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements;
- you are an Australian citizen or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency criteria and who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to your course; OR
- you are a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
- you are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
- are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for the unit;
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit
For further information, visit the Australian Government website Study Assist
2018 and 2019 Course Fee Schedule
The course fee schedule indicates the cost per trimester for your course:
The University reserves the right to increase your fees by up to 10 per cent in each calendar year that you are enrolled. This allows the University to adjust fees, if necessary, to cover increases in the cost of delivering your course.
Fees for each trimester must be paid before the trimester commences.
If you withdraw from a course or subject you will be eligible for a refund or a re-credit of your FEE-HELP balance in accordance with out Student Refund Policy or for international students, the International Student Refund Policy.
If you’re a domestic student your investment in your education is protected as set out in our Tuition Assurance Statement.
International students are covered by our membership to the Tuition Protection Scheme, an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that international students are able to either complete their studies in another course or with another education provider or receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees
In the event that Torrens University Australia defaults on a course in relation to an international student or intending international student by failing to provide the student’s course at the commencement date and agreed location, or ceases to provide the student’s course before completion, the University’s membership of the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) will ensure that the student receives a refund or is placed in an suitable alternative course.
- Associate Degree of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Associate Degree of Business (Tourism Management)
- Associate Degree of Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Applied Public Health
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Community Services)
- Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Communication and Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Business (Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Sports Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication Design
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art)
- Bachelor of Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Digital Media (3D Design & Animation)
- Bachelor of Digital Media (Film & Video Design)
- Bachelor of Digital Media (Interaction Design)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Commercial)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (Residential)
- Bachelor of Media Design
- Bachelor of Nutrition
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)
- Diploma of Applied Social Science
- Diploma of Beauty and Spa Practice
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Diploma of Business (Tourism Management)
- Diploma of Counselling & Communication Skills
- Diploma of Design
- Diploma of Digital Media Design
- Diploma of Event Management
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Health and Wellbeing
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- Diploma of Marketing
- Diploma of Nutrition
- Diploma of Photo Imaging
- Diploma of Sport Development
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy Education
- Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Philosophy (Translational Clinical Medicine)
- Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching
- Graduate Certificate in UX and Web Design
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate of Design
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Autism)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Innovation and Change)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Learning Differences)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Mental Health)
- Graduate Certificate of Education (Special Education)
- Graduate Certificate of Global Project Management
- Graduate Certificate of Public Health
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Design
- Graduate Diploma of Global Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Public Health
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Advanced
- Master of Business Administration (Sports Management)
- Master of Business Administration and Master of Global Project Management
- Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Health
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Master of Design/ Master of Design (Advanced)
- Master of Education (Innovation and Change)
- Master of Education (Reading and Literacy)
- Master of Education (Special Education, Advanced)
- Master of Education (Special Education)
- Master of Global Business Management
- Master of Global Project Management
- Master of Global Project Management (Advanced)
- Master of Global Project Management and Master of Public Health
- Master of International Hotel Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Philosophy Education
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health (Advanced)