Policies, procedures and forms
The Policy Library at Torrens University Australia contains helpful documents you can access and download. This material relates to the university’s policies and procedures, which are regularly reviewed and updated as part of our Continuous Improvement Strategy. As well as input from all departments at Torrens University Australia, we value feedback from our students.
For enquiries about the Policy Library or to provide us with your feedback about these documents, please email the Policy Team. Your comments will be considered at the next review.
For enquiries about how these policies apply to your own personal circumstances or to lodge a form, please contact email@example.com unless otherwise directed by the relevant document.
Documents translated to MandarinPolicies, procedures and forms that are relevant to our Suzhou campus in China have been translated to Mandarin. Students can access and download these documents below.
Policies, procedures and forms
Academic freedomPrinciples governing the exercise of academic freedom at the university.
Academic Freedom - Statement of Principles
Academic progressionPolicy outlining the university's academic progression criteria and monitoring process.
Academic Progression Policy
AdmissionsPrinciples and requirements (eg. admission criteria and pathways, English language proficiency requirements) relating to the entry of students into a course offered by the university.
- Entry Requirements for Admission to Coursework Programs (TUA)
- International Student under 18 Procedure
- Support of ELICOS Student Learning
- Application for Admission via Work and Experience
Assessment and creditPrinciples, procedures and requirements for evaluating a student’s achievement of the identified learning outcomes. Plus, requests for assessment modification, review of results and recognition of learning for previous formal, informal and non-formal learning. Assessment Policy for Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework (HE) and ELICOS
- Assessment Procedure for Higher Education Coursework
- ELICOS Assessment Procedure
- Examination Procedure
- Requesting re-mark of VET assessments
- Application for Assessment Special Consideration
- Assignment Coversheet (Group)
- Assignment Coversheet (Individual)
- Applying for Course Credit Procedure
- Higher Education Recognition of Prior Learning Procedure
- Credit Transfer Form (Postgraduate)
- Credit Transfer Form (Undergraduate)
- Recognition of Prior Learning Form
ComplaintsPrinciples, procedures and requirements for students lodging a complaint or requesting a review of academic and non-academic decisions.
Student Complaints Policy
- Resolving a Complaint Informally Procedure
- Formal Complaints or Review of Decisions Procedure
- Internal Review (Appeal) Procedure
- External Review (Appeal) Procedure
- Informal Complaints Sheet
- Formal Complaint Form
- Internal Review (Appeals) Form
Conduct, misconduct and expectations of members of the universityPolicies, procedures and expectations with respect to academic (ie. academic integrity) and non-academic conduct including policy and expectations when accessing the university’s premises.
Academic Integrity Policy Children on Torrens Global Education Premises Diversity and Inclusion Policy Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Prevention Policy Student Conduct Policy
Critical incidentPolicy and procedure for responding to a crisis. Critical Incident Management Policy
Copyright and intellectual property rightsPrinciples and requirements outlining the university’s approach to ownership and commercialisation of intellectual property created by the university or with the university’s resources, as well as the university’s copyright obligations. Copyright Policy Intellectual Property Policy
Course cancellationPrinciples and requirements for cancelling courses, teach-out and transition. Course Cancellation Policy
DisabilityPrinciples and requirements to enable the full and equitable participation of students with disabilities.
- Disability Resource Pack for Students
- Procedure for Requesting Reasonable Adjustments due to Disability
- Learning Access Application Form
Principles, procedures and requirements when enrolling in subjects and courses including deferring an offer to a course, taking leave of absence, transferring to another course, or withdrawing from a course or subject.
- Course Transfer
- Deferring Commencement of a Course
- International Student Study Load Reduction
- International Student Transfer
- Leave of Absence
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the Department of Home Affairs Form 1545 (student visa extension)
- Procedure for Requesting Completion of the DHA Form 1545 (temporary graduate visa applicant - subclass 485)
- Withdrawing from a Subject
- Withdrawing from a Course
- Application for Course Transfer
- Application for Course Withdrawal
- Application for Leave of Absence
- Application for Study Overload
- Application for Subject Withdrawal
- Application for Timetable Change
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form (for students on a student visa)
- International Student Application Form
- Reduced Study Load Application Form
Policies, procedures and requirements about domestic and international students’ fees including charges and refund.
- Refunds due to Course Cancellation (Provider Default)
- Refunds for Domestic Students in HELP/VET Student Loan Enabled Courses
- Refunds for Domestic Students in non-HELP/VET Student Loan Enabled Courses
- Refunding Other Fees
- Refunds for International Students
- Request for Review of FEE-HELP/VET Student Loan Determination
- Application for Refund (for current students)
- Application for Refund (for former students)
- Application for Refund Due to Extenuating Circumstances (for International Student Only)
- Application for Refund Due to Special Circumstances (Domestic Students Only)
Graduation and certification
Policy relating to graduation and issuance of certifications.
Policy outlining the specific expectations for using all computing and network resources at Torrens Global Education and its Providers.
Mandatory Reporting for AHPRA-Accredited Courses
Policy and procedure outlining the process for reporting students undertaking AHPRA-Accredited Courses in line with the requirements of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (2009).
Privacy and student records
Policies outlining the University’s responsibilities in relation to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with any area of the University as well as provisions informing the retention of student records.
This policy outlines the rights and obligations of students, host organisations and the University under a work integrated learning agreement.
Guidelines for WSET approved courses.
Research studentsPolicies and procedures relating to research and higher degree research students.
Higher Degree by Research Policy
- Application for Conversion of Master of Philosophy to Doctor of Philosophy
- Expression of interest to undertake a Master of Philosophy
- Expression of Interest to undertake a Professional Doctorate
- Higher Degree by Research Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Student Progress Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Thesis Guidelines
- Higher Degree by Research Thesis Submission and Examination Procedure
- Higher Degree by Research Changes to Conditions of Candidature Application Form
- Higher Degree by Research Proposal
- Nomination of Examiners
- Thesis Submission and Supervisor Declaration Form
- Trimester Progress Report
- Human Research Ethics Procedure
- Managing and Investigating Breaches of Responsible Research Conduct
- Non-Traditional Research Output Guidelines
- Participant Information Consent Form