3D Design & Animation careers
When it comes to animation careers, you’ll have your choice in specialisation to suit your creative endeavours. Whether you’re bringing drawings to life as a 3D Animator, creating atmosphere as an Environmental Designer or crafting scenes as a Visual Effects Artist, there are many animation jobs to choose from.
Bring drawings to life from modelling to motion tracking with a range of applications, skills and software.
3D Animators use computer applications to create three-dimensional animations for a variety of purposes. Build your career as an Animator, 3D Modeller, Character Rigger or Forensic Animator, taking the opportunity to join media giants like Disney, go freelance as a digital nomad or work in-house at an organisation in an industry of your choice. There is plenty of work across a variety of media platforms including film, video games, advertising and mobile apps.
What does a 3D Animator do?
- Strategise and scope briefs with clients and stakeholders
- Design storyboards to illustrate intended narratives
- Use state-of-the-art software to produce 2D frames, 3D frameworks and animated content
- Negotiate design solutions in response to client feedback
Model backdrops and settings to create atmospheres in which digital characters exist.
Environmental Designers collaborate with other creative departments to develop rich, immersive digital settings and locations. Your choice of industries spans film to video games, with options to design epic, open-world landscapes for software companies like Rockstar, or smaller-scale start-up projects in motion pictures.
What does an Environmental Designer do?
- Visually explore and strategise environmental concepts for animated films, video games and special projects
- Liaise with clients and other departments to create an environmental design vision
- Create immersive and beautiful backdrops to the main action
- Manage the relationship between concept and reality, ensuring budgets are met and projects are achievable
Visual Effects (VFX) Artist
Bring special animated effects to a range of visual storytelling experiences.
Visual Effects Artists use computer software to create special effects and animations for a range of media. Whether you’re pushing the boundaries in making amazing effects for blockbuster hits or catching the consumer’s eye for advertising, your job opportunities as a VFX Artist are as varied as they are vital to the media industry.
What does a Visual Effects Artist do?
- Create eye-catching special effects designed to dazzle audiences
- Design effects and simulations for use in interactive storytelling
- Capture the minds of audiences across all media platforms, from science fiction thrillers to daytime television advertisements
- Liaise with other creatives to bring their ideas to life
Explore 3D Design & Animation courses
Diploma of 3D Design and AnimationThis course provides an introduction to 3D design and animation. You'll graduate with a portfolio showcasing your design and technical capabilities.CRICOS 103343JBachelor of 3D Design and AnimationDevelop 3D design and animation skills, working on real briefs and using the latest technologies, supported by industry mentors and academics.CRICOS 103341MBachelor of UX and Web DesignThis degree connects practical coding and digital media skills with the study of human-computer interaction cross a range of digital platforms.CRICOS 103344H
Find a career you love