UX & Web Design careers
The growth of UX careers has had huge effects on our digital landscape. UX jobs are becoming more important as the relationship between user and machine evolves. Where performance used to be the main focus, usability and design are now more important.
Design and implement visual elements within a product which allow seamless user interaction.
Create navigational solutions for a range of media platforms including mobile apps, websites and self-service terminals in your capacity as a UI Designer. By channelling your creativity into achieving smooth user interactions, you will help customers around the world connect to companies and brands more effectively.
What does a UI Designer do?
- Implement visual elements such as patterns, spacing, text and colour to develop attractive user interfaces
- Bridge the gap between human and product by designing easily navigated systems
- Use input controls, navigation, information and layouts to improve interaction
- Work across a range of media platforms including mobile touchscreens, keyboard and mouse desktops, and voice activation
Look at the bigger picture, analysing and changing how information is presented.
Using creativity, analytical skills and user experience knowledge, Information Architects provide the foundation behind platforms such as websites, mobile apps and computer software. Your job opportunities will range from large corporations upgrading legacy systems to ambitious start-ups establishing their messaging agenda from the beginning.
What does an Information Architect do?
- Strategise, analyse, develop and implement the structure behind how information is released
- Deploy user feedback to test and upgrade services for best practice
- Innovate with ambitious and creative content structure strategies
- Facilitate the smooth communication of information between product and customer
UX & Web Designer
Blend design and user experience, creating easily navigated websites.
In the online world, the role of user experience and web design share a strong relationship. Using target audience research and creative intuition, UX & Web Designers improve upon both the distribution of content, and the design of websites and other digital platforms such as apps. These twinned skills ensure the people browsing your content have the best possible experience.
What does a UX & Web Designer do?
- Improve upon content architecture and web design with a user-centric focus
- Funnel research-based evidence and usability testing initiatives in enhancing website operations
- Develop and implement analysis and strategic development programs with the end-user in mind
- Be creative in bridging the gap between human and machine
Explore UX & Web Design courses
Diploma of Game Design and DevelopmentIntroduces game art and design, from visual design fundamentals to illustration, game design conception and introductory development processes.Course code DGDD19 | CRICOS 102263FBachelor of Game Design and DevelopmentExpands your design, artistic and technical skills for creating modern games and interactive projects.Course code BGDD19 | CRICOS 095346KBachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming)A Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming) teaches the coding and crafting skills required to create commercially viable games.Course code BASEGP19 | CRICOS 093341J
Find a career you love