When it comes to delivering industry outcomes for students, these partners are the perfect match.
Flight Centre Travel Academy is the nationwide industry leader in travel & tourism education, with the sole mission of setting students up for a successful career in travel. Torrens University brought with them all the benefit of their academic expertise in the co-design of this customised program.
This exceptional industry partnership has given rise to a unique course that offers the ultimate blend of academic content and industry focus.
Because of this partnership, students have access to a range of exclusive perks that support their transition into professional industry roles:
- Flight Centre Travel Academy and Torrens University have worked together to create a customised calendar suited to Flight Centre Travel Academy and students’ needs. This means students can enrol in a monthly intake, instead of the classic trimester model.
- Students learn directly from professionals working in the industry.
- Students are provided with work experience and networking opportunities.
- Students have the opportunity to move to The Whitsundays, if successful in their job application. Find out more here.
- When they successfully graduate, students are offered direct entry into the second year of a Bachelor of Business (Tourism Management) at Torrens University Australia.
- Flight Centre has access to new talent and directly hires students straight out of the diploma program, before positions are made public.
As word spreads of the success of this industry partnership in providing exceptional outcomes for students, enrolments have been consistently growing each year. Approximately 2190 students have enrolled in the program.
“Since graduating I secured a position at Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions as a Travel Experience Consultant. We prominently sell rail products, and I love sending guests off on experiences they will remember for a lifetime.
When applying for the position, having some industry knowledge behind me made so much difference. Understanding language used within the travel sector helped me feel more equipped when beginning my role,” said Emma Vince, Graduate of the Diploma of Travel and Tourism (partnership of Torrens University and Flight Centre Travel Academy).
However, it’s not just students who benefit from this partnership.
The co-created diploma generates new revenue streams for both Flight Centre Travel Academy and Torrens University, as well as increased brand awareness and reach.
“Our Flight Centre Travel Academy graduates learn from the best in the business, and working with Torrens University we’ve been able to provide the high calibre of education and service that people expect from Flight Centre.
We greatly value the strong and productive relationship we have with Torrens University,” said Cameron Boyd, General Manager at Flight Centre Travel Academy.
This partnership demonstrates how by working together, we can develop educational products that work better for industry and better for students.
“Torrens University values industry experts as partners. Our co-curated courses are the further extension of that excellence, and these conjunction courses are a win-win-win for our Partners, Torrens University and most importantly, our students.
We are so proud of our relationship with Flight Centre Travel Academy, which has produced hundreds of highly satisfied students nationally, who have gone on to enjoy productive careers in the tourism industry,” said Nick Turmel, Account & Program Director, Torrens University Australia.
This partnership is one of many ways Torrens University’s is the industry’s university.
Partnerships like these enable numerous and flexible pathways for graduates, whether they wish to continue into a bachelor or enter the growing workforce of our partner company. Working together, we deliver better outcomes for everyone.