Build your academic and English skills to succeed in the vocational or higher education course of your choice.
Our suite of EAP (English for Academic Purposes) programs are designed to progress students to the higher education course of their choice:
- Entry: CEFR B1+ (IELTS equivalent 5.0) / Exit: CEFR B2 (IELTS equivalent 5.5) for progression to Diploma courses.
- Entry: CEFR B2 (IELTS equivalent 5.5) / Exit: CEFR B2+ (IELTS equivalent 6.0) for progression to Undergraduate courses.
- Entry: CEFR B2/B2+ (IELTS equivalent 6.0) / Exit: CEFR B2+/C1 (IELTS equivalent 6.5) for progression to Post-graduate courses.
- Entry: CEFR B2+/C1 (IELTS equivalent 6.5) / Exit: CEFR C1 (IELTS equivalent 7.0) for progression to Nursing and select Education courses.
At Torrens University Australia, we are committed to helping you through your study journey. Through this intermediate to advanced English course in Sydney, we prepare international students with the skills and knowledge to be employment-ready, communicate and collaborate with diverse cultures and graduate with a perspective to gain global learning experiences.
This English course will suit students who are planning to go on to further study at Torrens University Australia in higher education or vocational studies. The course allows you to progress into one of our courses without completing an IELTS/TOEFL test.
The course covers:
- Library research
- Time management
- The purpose of seminars
- Lectures, including guest speakers
- PowerPoint presentations
- Working with peers
- Participating in tutorials
- Working in teams
- Surveys and questionnaires
- Field trips
- Critical thinking
- Cross cultural communication
This program also allows you the opportunity to study for short or extended periods, thereby acting as:
- an Australian academic skills refresher course
- a bridging course prior to your Direct Entry Program or primary course
- an extension to your previous studies, as required
Key Study Outcomes:
- Academic reading & writing skills
- Vocabulary extension
- Study skills and strategies
- Research project work
- Seminar / presentation delivery