Study a Master of Philosophy to undertake independent supervised research in your chosen field.
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) will train you in research techniques and methodologies and critical evaluation skills. You will undertake independent supervised research within the context of your discipline and will develop a sound knowledge of your research subject, and demonstrate evidence of independent thought and high level communication skills.
Available in Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or online, the Master of Philosophy is a pathway to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). With the agreement of your supervisors, you may also be eligible to transfer to a PhD before you have finished your Master’s if you have demonstrated a high level of achievement in your studies.
You will be required to provide a Research Proposal as part of your initial application.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Develop and conduct research projects
- Present and defend research findings
- High-level communication skills
- Research and critical analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of your professional discipline
- Completion of a thesis or project