Branded Fashion Design careers
Shape the future of the industry by taking the lead in a range of Fashion Design jobs. Take a sustainable ground-up approach in a role as a Fashion Designer, help boutiques stay ahead of the curve in your capacity as a Trend Forecaster or even dive into styling for leading fashion labels. No matter the direction you choose, there is a world of exciting options in Fashion Design careers.
Get ahead of the latest trends and create beautiful pieces.
Fashion Designers create stylish clothing and accessories while meeting set budgets and timelines. Couture-based design is all around us, with job opportunities ranging from high-fashion runways to timeless everyday pieces. Bring your production management prowess to iconic brands like Alice McCall or lead the charge in commercialising your own label.
What does a Fashion Designer do?
- Use 2D and 3D imaging software to design clothes and accessories
- Collaborate with clients and external departments to create a vision
- Manage production aspects such as building budgets and sourcing fabrics
- Balance aesthetics and utility when creating clothes and accessories
Evaluate designer collections and consumer patterns to determine the next big thing in the world of fashion.
As a Trend Forecaster, your job is to stay on top of upcoming fashion developments and predict their impact on the industry. Combining your instincts with constant research and an eye for the novel, you will be an asset in a variety of industries. Your career as a Trend Forecaster could have you working with retailers, designers, advertising firms and other industries that rely on fashion as a selling point.
What does a Trend Forecaster do?
- Guide human culture through instinct, research findings and analytics
- Have a hand in a range of industries, inspiring runway looks and media campaigns
- Lead the industry by making predictions about trends in colours, shapes, patterns and fabrics
- Determine the scope and direction of campaigns for diverse markets
Oversee the purchase of clothes and accessories for a business, targeting specific markets and price points.
Fashion Buyers take responsibility for the purchasing decisions in retail environments. Blending your eye for fashion and business acumen, you will be responsible for making purchasing selections and liaising with various stakeholders. Among other duties, you can help stores target specific markets and price points to attract customers. Lead the charge in corporate fashion retail, help independent boutiques in their development or start your own online shop.
What does a Fashion Buyer do?
- Liaise with trend forecasters and designers when making purchasing decisions
- Be a part of the merchandising process in deciding stock, volumes and budgets
- Attend fashion shows to stay abreast of current and upcoming trends
- Source fabric and materials, assisting designers in the production of stylish garments
Become a consultant and work for individuals or focus on corporate, editorial or runway styling.
Stylists co-ordinate all aspects of a look from head to toe. Put together catwalk shows, generate sales through eye-catching editorial photoshoots or make the celebration special for events such as weddings or formals. Your keen eye for fashion and ability to create the right style for each body type, event and budget will bring you to the frontlines in all areas of the fashion industry.
What does a Stylist do?
- Tailor outfits and looks to each individual and occasion
- Experiment with fresh ideas to stay ahead of the fashion curve
- Liaise with clients to determine their likes, dislikes and definitely-nots
- Work with make-up artists and other creatives to create stunning finished looks
Explore Branded Fashion Design courses
Diploma of Branded Fashion DesignThis course addresses the business of what we wear, technical design production, as well as the process of actually making garments.Code DIPBRFD16 | CRICOS 107018ABachelor of Branded Fashion DesignA Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design focuses on the design, production and marketing of garments.Code BABRFD16 | CRICOS 090293CBachelor of Branded Fashion DesignA Bachelor of Branded Fashion Design focuses on the design, production and marketing of garments.Code BABRFD16 | CRICOS 090293C
Find a career you love