At Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, we champion our students. That’s why we showcase their work to potential employers at our annual graduate exhibition, INTRO.
What is INTRO?As the name suggests, INTRO introduces design graduates to industry people. The annual exhibition showcases our students’ creative genius to the community – and to their future profession or employers. Throughout their studies, our young designers take control of their own professional development in studios that mirror the places in which they’ll work. Emerging as innovative thinkers and ambitious game-changers well-prepared to make their mark, they use INTRO to foster connections with industry leaders and future-proof their careers.
INTRO 2021 now available on-demandFeaturing industry guest speakers and rockstar alumni and academic hosts. You’ll be able to chat with attendees and view the creative showcase. Get to know our most resilient graduates yet, and the ideas shaping our future.
In Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and online, we don’t have students in classrooms; we have emerging designers taking control of your own professional development in work studios and professional spaces that mirror the places in which they will work after they have completed their educational journey with us. On that journey, they’ve worked with practicing designers and dedicated education leaders to evolve into innovative thinkers, ambitious new design leaders, agitators and game-changers.
A series of small graduating shows won’t cut it – the big picture needs a big frame so we will showcase once a year to promote our finest designers and their creative genius to the community and, importantly, to the profession.
Now available on-demand, watch back all the sessions with our amazing line-up of speakers:
- Sibella Court - Captain of The Society Inc. and Billy Blue's exclusive Interior Design Ambassador
- Liana Rossi - Billy Blue Alumni and Head of Content, MONA (Museum of Old and New Art)
- Chris Griffiths - Design Director, Frost* Collective
- Tom Dabner - Creative Director, SomeOne in Sydney
- David Loughan - Managing Partner, Unbnd
- James Calvert - Billy Blue Lecturer & Director of Thin Ice VR
- Daisy Bell - National Retail Design Manager, Mirvac
- Melinda Kapp - Work Integrated Learning Facilitator, Billy Blue
- Melanie Tran - Billy Blue Alumni and Product Designer, Hireup
- Simone Scouller - Billy Blue Alumni
- Billy Blue Student Representative Council & Billy Blue Creative
- Kate Humphries - Program Director (Creative Advertising), Media Design School
- Mel O'Brien - Senior Learning Facilitator (Diploma of Interior Design & Decoration), Billy Blue
- Taylor Dale - 2020 Sibella Court Interior Design Scholarship recipient
- Fluer Madden - CEO, Freelancing Gems
View past INTRO work
INTRO 2020 - A fully online exhibition eventNSWINTRO 2019 Booklet
VICINTRO 2019 Booklet
QLDINTRO 2019 Booklet
Billy Blue Creative
INTRO is curated and directed by our in-house design studio Billy Blue Creative each year. The experienced team is committed to nurturing young creators. Find out more about Billy Blue Creative.
Student film screening
At the end of trimester, students across various creative disciplines present their work at film screenings. An all-inclusive experience, some students are at the beginning of their studies while others are further along their creative journeys.
INTRO provides a platform for distribution and a focal point for directing our efforts towards winning the affections of a ‘real’ audience.
Lecturer, Digital Media (Film, Video & Motion Design)