1. Explore the variety of Health courses we offerFrom Nursing and Counselling through to Naturopathy and Nutrition, our courses cover a broad range of Heath practices, some of which might surprise you. You’ll also discover what makes studying with us unique, including our small class sizes, our emphasis on giving you hands-on experience in every subject, and our Health industry partnerships, through which our students gain real-world skills.
2. Tour our state-of-the-art Health teaching facilitiesTake a tour of our ultra-modern Nursing labs, designed to deliver valuable practical experiences. Touch and feel our high-fidelity mannequins, visit our simulation rooms that reflect the wards in a hospital, and sit in one of our intimate lecture rooms and imagine life as a Torrens University student. If you want a preview of our Nursing facilities before the Open Day, click here.
3. Meet like-minded Health studentsOur Open Day is a great way to meet others who share your passion for Health. You can talk with our current students and alumni, who are on the journey that might become your career path too. Find out how they chose their courses and why; and receive feedback on what it is like to study with us. Our students will also give you invaluable insights into aspects of campus life beyond the classroom, such as making new friends and enjoying the extra-curricular activities.
4. Talk to our Health and Nursing academicsOur academics are passionate about working in Health and helping their communities to live better, healthier lives. They are all highly regarded industry leaders who are engaged with the latest techniques and technologies, and they’re keen to share their skills with their students. They will explain what you can expect from their programs and how to get the most from your studies. You can also discuss career pathways and where a degree in Health can take you.
5. Learn about our Nutrition program and jump into the bliss balls experimentA great way to learn about nutrition is by experimenting! So, one of our Nutrition academics has created a recipe for cacao and coconut bliss balls that you can make as your own delicious experiment on the Open Day. At the same time, you’ll see what our Diploma of Nutrition has to offer, such as exploring human anatomy, physiology and chemistry, and giving students an in-depth understanding of how nutrition impacts our health.
6. Make your own herbal skin cream and find out about NaturopathyNaturopathy draws on both traditional healing methods from across the centuries and draws on current research, as our students discover in the Bachelor of Health Science: Naturopathy. During the Open day, you can make your own herbal skin cream and experience what it's like to be a naturopath, who uses use natural remedies in their practice to help the body heal itself.
7. Try our smoothie bikes and make delicious beveragesThis is pure fun … because campus life is not all hard work and meeting assignment deadlines! With peddle power, whisk your own luscious, healthy smoothies, and chat with others on the bikes about their plans for studying at Torrens University.
Smoothie peddle power! Perfect for when you’re ready for a delicious break on Open Day.
8. Envision yourself studying at Torrens
Walk around the campus, check out the state-of-art facilities, and visit our on-campus cafes. Ask our Student Council Representatives about life at Torrens and the many events and activities they organise. Meet our Course and Careers Advisors, who can match you to a course that fits you perfectly. And perhaps talk to our International team about what it's like to study and live in Australia. This is your opportunity to ask our staff and students all about taking a Health course at Torrens University Australia.
9. Visit our student-led clinic in Sydney and find out about our Health placements
In our new Sydney campus, visit our student-run campus clinic, The Practice Wellbeing Centre, where students of Western Herbal Medicine and other modalities apply what they’ve learnt in class to real-world situations providing health care to the public. Also on Open Day, you can meet our staff and ask them all about our clinical placements and internships, which give our students the chance to gain practical Health industry experience, treating genuine patient issues.
Register today, and bring your family and friends. Our Open Day’s the perfect opportunity to find out where a course in Health can take you. For the full schedule, check out our program for your preferred event location.