Software Engineering careers
Build a career in Software Engineering where you manage the design, development and maintenance of computer software for businesses and personal use. There is a diverse range of software engineering jobs available across all industries, working in web, in-house systems or general solutions software.
Develop software across a variety of platforms and genres, filling market niches.
App Developers create software for computer systems with an emphasis on the emerging smartphone and tablet market. Let your imagination run wild in a gaming studio, creating content for a mobile audience, or work in-house for a company that wants to take their product into the digital sphere.
What does an App Developer do?
- Design applications that fulfil a need for clients and their customers
- Contribute to business development in facilitating brand building, customer engagement and promotion
- Use programming knowledge to bring creative projects together with animations, graphic design, sounds and written content
- Discover gaps in the market that could be filled with niche apps
Design, develop and maintain software systems at a range of complexity levels.
Software Engineers come in many different shapes and forms, specialising in various industries and platforms to plan, develop and maintain software systems. Working in this role will have you leading all aspects of production, including strategising prototypes, undertaking development and overseeing ongoing maintenance. Software Engineers are invited to work on a range of projects, from basic computer applications to complex online platforms.
What does a Software Engineer do?
- Design applications with a client-based focus, or build entire operating systems
- Upgrade software for maintenance purposes or to enhance optimisation
- Integrate data sets and previous architecture into single platforms
- Create and maintain software engineering documentation to ensure standards are met
Take responsibility for the look, feel and content of websites across different platforms and devices.
As a Web Developer, you create the code for, functionality and personality of a website. With fluency in a range of programming languages as well as a suite of design skills, you will build and maintain sites, ensuring they are ranking in search engines and fit for purpose.
What does a Web Developer do?
- Liaise with clients to ensure requirements and expectations are met
- Update both content and the back end to keep up with technological advances and expectations
- Identify problems across different devices and platforms
- Establish and maintain databases and any plug-ins
Explore Software Engineering courses
Diploma of Software EngineeringLearn the fundamentals of software engineering, with the option to specialise in any field, including game programming or AI.CRICOS 102264EBachelor of Software Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)Learn to identify and solve complex software engineering problems, with skills in AI, design thinking, programming, ethical practice and psychology.CRICOS 099352BGraduate Certificate of Software EngineeringThis course teaches you technical software skills and traditional design concepts, creating a foundation for postgraduate software specialisations.
Graduate Certificate in UX and Web DesignThis course expands on your understanding of the process of designing digital products that are useful, easy to use and pleasant to interact with.CRICOS 095348GMaster of Design (Advanced)Learn advanced design practice and principles for various projects, using cutting-edge technologies, systems and applications.CRICOS 088476CMaster of Software Engineering (Artificial Intelligence, Advanced)This degree is suitable for experienced software engineers looking to deepen their knowledge in Artificial Intelligence.CRICOS 099353A
Find a career you love
Combine your passion with a course that fits you perfectly to achieve your goals and find success in your field.