Software Engineering careers
Build a career in Software Engineering where you manage the design, development and maintenance of computer software for businesses and personal use. There is a diverse range of software engineering jobs available, working in web, in-house systems or general solutions software.
Develop software across a variety of platforms and genres, filling market niches.
App Developers create software for computer systems with an emphasis on the emerging smartphone and tablet market. Let your imagination run wild in a gaming studio, creating content for a mobile audience, or work in-house for a company that wants to take their product into the digital sphere.
What does an App Developer do?
- Design applications that fulfil a need for clients and their customers
- Contribute to business development in facilitating brand building, customer engagement and promotion
- Use programming knowledge to bring creative projects together with animations, graphic design, sounds and written content
- Discover gaps in the market which could be filled with niche apps
Design, develop and maintain software systems at a range of complexity levels.
Software Engineers come in many different shapes and forms, specialising across industries and platforms to plan, develop and maintain software systems. Working in this role will have you leading all aspects of production, including strategising prototypes, undertaking development and overseeing ongoing maintenance. Software Engineers are invited to a range of projects, from basic computer applications to complex online platforms.
What does a Software Engineer do?
- Design applications with a client-based focus, or build entire operating systems
- Upgrade software for maintenance purposes or to enhance optimisation
- Integrate data sets and previous architecture into single platforms
- Create and maintain software engineering documentation to ensure standards are met
Take responsibility for the look, feel and content of websites across different platforms and devices.
As a Web Developer, you create the code, look and feel that goes into the functionality and personality of a website. With fluency in a range of programming languages as well as design skills, you will build and maintain sites, ensuring they are ranking in search engines and fit for purpose.
What does a Web Developer do?
- Liaise with clients to ensure requirements and expectations are met
- Update both content and the back end to keep up with technological advances and expectations
- Identify problems across different devices and platforms
- Establish and maintain databases and any plug-ins
Explore Software Engineering courses
Diploma of Graphic DesignBuilds a foundation in graphic design, typically over one year of full-time study, combining theory with hands-on experience.Course code DGD20 | CRICOS 102489KBachelor of Communication DesignA Bachelor of Communication Design offers the necessary skills and knowledge to operate across a range of media, sharing information visually.Course code BCD20 | CRICOS 090295ABachelor of Communication DesignA Bachelor of Communication Design offers the necessary skills and knowledge to operate across a range of media, sharing information visually.Course code BCD20 | CRICOS 090295A
Find a career you love
Combine your passion with a course that fits you perfectly to achieve your goals and find success in your field.