Project Management careers
As the global economy grows, project management career opportunities continue to expand. Find a host of project management jobs in industries across the board – construction, retail, health, IT or web development. Pick a specialisation and help an industry grow, or take a broader approach in project management careers.
Support and lead teams, providing the framework they need to pursue a common goal.
When it comes to large-scale or complex plans, a Project Manager needs to take ownership. In this role, you will ensure goals are aligned, schedules are met, budgets are maintained and clients are satisfied. You can work in a diverse range of industries, from construction to IT, where you’ll be responsible for allocating resources, monitoring progress and providing reports to stakeholders along the way.
What does a Project Manager do?
- Meet with clients to assess scope and objectives, provide budget estimates and discuss scheduling
- Track costs and manage resources effectively, staying within mission parameters
- Develop and manage detailed schedules and work plans
- Apply effective techniques, practices and standards throughout the lifespan of a project
Oversee a team of workers across various departments in pursuit of a common goal.
Working with colleagues of different backgrounds and skill sets, a Project Director creates and maintains schedules, communicates with workers and manages timelines to ensure each phase of a given undertaking goes ahead as planned. They operate as the main source of interaction and collaboration, taking charge of budgets, back-up plans and the appropriate allocation of resources at any given time.
What does a Project Director do?
- Develop and monitor timelines for completion of tasks and milestones
- Recommend and implement alterations to initial plans as unforeseen circumstances and altered situations impact the project at hand
- Present to investors and stakeholders regarding ongoing work and future outlook
- Review proposals, offering advice and guidance as well as approvals
Explore Project Management courses
Master of Global Project ManagementRefine and deepen your understanding of running complex projects on an international scale, from beginning to end, on time and on budget.CRICOS 095357GGraduate Certificate of Global Project ManagementThis course deepens knowledge managing complex projects and offers credits towards a master's in business.CRICOS 095351BGraduate Diploma of Global Project ManagementDesigned for current project managers who want to deepen their skills and gain credits towards a Master of Global Project Management.CRICOS 090245M
Master of Global Project Management (Advanced)Expand your project management skills and knowledge to master complex projects from beginning to end within a global context.CRICOS 090247J
Find a career you love