Project Management careers
As the global economy grows, project management career opportunities continue to expand. Find a host of project management jobs in industries across the board – construction, retail, health, IT or web development. Pick a specialisation and help an industry grow, or take a broader approach in project management careers.
Support and lead teams, providing the framework they need to pursue a common goal.
When it comes to large-scale or complex plans, a Project Manager needs to take ownership. In this role, you will ensure goals are aligned, schedules are met, budgets are maintained and clients are satisfied. You can work in a diverse range of industries, from construction to IT, where you’ll be responsible for allocating resources, monitoring progress and providing reports to stakeholders along the way.
What does a Project Manager do?
- Meet with clients to assess scope and objectives, provide budget estimates and discuss scheduling
- Track costs and manage resources effectively, staying within mission parameters
- Develop and manage detailed schedules and work plans
- Apply effective techniques, practices and standards throughout the lifespan of a project
Oversee a team of workers across various departments in pursuit of a common goal.
Working with colleagues of different backgrounds and skill sets, a Project Director creates and maintains schedules, communicates with workers and manages timelines to ensure each phase of a given undertaking goes ahead as planned. They operate as the main source of interaction and collaboration, taking charge of budgets, back-up plans and the appropriate allocation of resources at any given time.
What does a Project Director do?
- Develop and monitor timelines for completion of tasks and milestones
- Recommend and implement alterations to initial plans as unforeseen circumstances and altered situations impact the project at hand
- Present to investors and stakeholders regarding ongoing work and future outlook
- Review proposals, offering advice and guidance as well as approvals
Explore Project Management courses
Bachelor of CommercePrepare for a career in accounting or finance by developing managerial skills as well as analytical, evaluative and communications skills.Code BCOM16 | CRICOS 088180GMaster of Professional AccountingExpand your skills and knowledge for handling complex accounting and financial issues through a mix of theoretical and technical teaching.Code MPA | CRICOS 095358FMaster of Professional Accounting (Advanced)Increase your financial and accounting expertise with practical, theoretical and technical teaching with this extended course.Code MPAA | CRICOS 090254K
Master of Business Administration (MBA)Our tier-1 MBA is among the world's best. Strengthen your real-world strategic, analytics and leadership skills with our industry-focused MBA.Code MBA16 | CRICOS 095353M
Find a career you love